Friday, April 27, 2007

Gardening



What a nice morning to work outside in my garden. I finally took an hour and pruned and cleaned up a few of my flower beds. This picture is of a rose that I have in my front yard garden. I took this photo last year while the bush was in bloom.


I love to garden. I love the outdoors. I guess that is why I gravitate to things of nature in my photography and art. Working in my garden and taking pictures of the beauty that comes from the work that I put into my garden are two of my favorite things. Outside you can fill your senses with the awesomeness of God's creations. My senses are more alive outside....see the delicate complexity of nature....feel the texture of the soil and the breeze on your skin....smell the fragrant freshness of the floral perfumed air.....hear the symphony of the birds singing.

The spring is my favorite time of year and at this time I'd rather be outside than in.

No comments: